We collect information about you in order to better serve you. The information we collect, if it identifies you and is not available to the public, is called "Nonpublic Personal Information." Provided below are a few examples of the information we collect and the sources, but not all may apply to you.
Information We Collect
- Information we obtain from you:
- From your application and during the quoting or claims handling processes:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Social Security Number
- Driver's License Number
- Date of Birth
- Any Additional Message Included
- Information from your transactions:
- We may collect information about your transactions or experiences with us, our affiliates, or others. This information may include:
- Claims Coverage
- Vehicle Charges
- Street Address(es)
- Information from third parties:
- Where permitted by law, we receive information about you from third parties, including consumer reporting agencies. The information may include:
- Past Claims History
- Prior Insurance
- Motor Vehicle Reports
- Credit Information
Correction of Personal Information
- Residents of Arizona, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, or Virginia, have the right to access and correct the personal information that MUI has collected about/from you. Contact MUI's customer service department to do so.
How We Share Information
- We do not disclose any non-public personally identifiable information about you to anyone for any purpose that is not specifically permitted by law.
- We share information about you with our affiliates and other financial institutions that hold a financial interest in the property.
- For example, we share information with 3rd party insurance companies we are contracted with in order to help meet your current product and service needs.
- Once you submit your information to Military United Insurance it may not be retracted. You will be contacted by a representative after you submit a request through our site or an affiliate site.
- Pursuant to Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, you may "opt out" from dissemination of nay of your non-public personal information collected by Military United Insurance. You will receive notice of this policy upon initiation of a customer relationship with us. Additionally, if the policy is amended, we will notify all current customers of the changes.
- If you maintain a customer relationship with Military United Insurance or its affiliates for a period longer than a year, you will also receive annual notice of your right to "opt out" in addition to the initial notice.
- Unless a consumer opts out, we may disclose any of the personal information that we collect from our customer or former customer to non-affiliated third party entities as permitted by federal and state law. If this policy is amended, customers will have an additional opportunity to opt out at the time the new policy is received.
- We comply with all relevant state and federal laws regarding the safeguarding of your personal information. Maintain the security of your information is a top priority at Military United Insurance, so please contact us with any questions or concerns that you have regarding this policy.
- We restrict access to your stored non-public personal identifiable information to those employees that need to know this information in order to provide our services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations in order to guard your information against unauthorized access.
- To opt out, you should contact Military United Insurance customer service representative by calling 1-888-625-1794 or by mailing a written request to our mailing address listed below. Please include in your request an indication of which information (either specific or all-inclusive) that you do not wish to be shared with any non-affiliated third party entities.
How We Protect Your Information
We begin by safeguarding the security and integrity of customer information. We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer information, which is why our site is verified daily by the McAfee Secure service and any information you submit is encrypted and secured by a Geotrust certificate. We use procedures and technology designed to provide the highest levels of security. Any information submitted on our site is protected with 128-bit SSL encryption. Military United also uses firewalls to help protect your information. Firewalls are used at several different levels of our website, including between your computer and the webserver, database servers, and other internal production networks. These firewalls, along with Geotrust and McAfee Secure, are designed to protect our customers' information from potential hackers or others who may wish to inappropriately access your personal information. Only authorized employees have the ability to access your personal information, and they may only do so when helping serve your needs as our customer. We understand that online customers must be assured that their information will be kept secure, but understand that no system is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that your information will remain safe. You, as a consumer, should always safeguard your information and protect yourself from potential identity fraud. Rest assured that Military United does everything in its power to protect your privacy.
General Policy Provisions
- Customer Service
Military United insurance
1400 Forum Blvd, Suite 19D
Columbia, MO 65203